We’re one week into NaNoWriMo and many, many people have used Write or Die.
I’d like to thank you all for your feedback and for sharing this with your friends. Now it’s time to introduce a few improvements to the application. No, there’s still no Electric Shock mode, though if anyone knows a USB device manufacturer we could perhaps talk.
Without further ado I’d like to introduce:
Here’s a rundown of the new features.
- Auto Clipboard Copy! If you navigate away from the page it will prompt you if you’d like to have your work auto-copied to the clipboard. Should save some people some hair loss (credit)
- Pause function added, but it will only work once! This is the only concession I make to your human needs.
- Done button added. If you’re done writing, click done and a frame will pop over the text box, showing you what you’ve written as well as…
- Bragging Widget! On the Done Page, I’ve added a widget that you can copy to your page to show everyone how much you wrote and in what little time!
- More Evil Sounds! Some people didn’t think Rick Astley and Hanson were bad enough, now we’ve got the Devil’s interval, among others.
- Word Count decreases in Kamikaze mode for extra ominosity.
Please send me an e-mail if you have any comments about the changes or the application in general. I’ll still provide a link to the old app if needed but I think this version is an improvement all around.